So, what's new in my mod:
* New skins
* New filebrowser, new icons, scrollbars, font with outline, max. 64 char for filename.
* 3xMP3 TAG and Jpeg preview in a new position.
* New OSD font for OSD message, new setup and DVD "Display".
* DVD Quick Play, skip menu, play movie. New menu in "General Page". Menu is "DVD-Video" with two option "With Menu" and "Without Menu".
* New position for subtitles
* Autoload subtitles
* GoTo, press "Title" twice and enter "hh:mm:ss" to jump in avi movie.
* 4 fonts for subtitle (Standard, Small, Medium and Large).
* Wordwrap + Reformat
Version for DVP3980K_55,DVP3980KX_77 (same firmware) and DVP3980_75
Now about upgrade:
Prepare file for upgrade: burning Upgrade on CD-R / CD-RW
1. Extract the files by unzipping the rar file. Do not rename the extracted files.
2. Write the extracted files – not the rar file – onto a blank CD-R or CD-RW disc,
using the following settings:
- File System: ISO 9660 + Joliet
- File name length : max11 chars = 8+3 (Level 1)
- Mode : 2/XA
- Character set : ISO 9660 (ISO normal CD-ROM)
- No Multi Session
- Write Speed : Low
- Recording Method: Track At Once
Note: The extracted files should not be placed in a folder on the disc but just in the top level directory (root).
3. Finalize the disc. (The application may do this automatically.)
Apply Upgrade to your DVD Player
1. Power on the set and put in the disc.
2. A message will be displayed on the OSD after the upgrade file is recognized.
3. Follow the instruction displayed on the TV Screen – Press “OK” to upgrade (if applicable)
4. After reading the file, the disc will be ejected.
5. Remove the disc after ejected, but DO NOT close the tray
6. Wait approximately 3-5 minutes for the software to be upgraded
7. The set will restart itself once the upgrade is completed.
8. Upon wake up, please perform a “Default reset” in the Preference page under setup menu
Caution: Do not unplug or power off the set while upgrading in progress.
For DVP3980KX_77 use DVP3980K_55_vb6_v1.rar