Work on this firmware was start by tech25 and then by MTZ
They add to this custom mod:
* Autoload subtitles
* GoTo. Press "Title" twice and enter "h:mm:ss" to jump to time for "avi" files.
* 3 Fonts for subtitles (Standard, Small and Large).
* New position for subtitle.
What I add
* New skins
* 3 MP3 TAG and Jpeg preview in a new position
* New font for filebrowser
* Max. 64 char. for file name in filebrowser (from CD/DVD), only 8 from USB
* New font with outline for OSD, better contrast, also new color scheme in SETUP and DVD part.
* Volume +- on Repeat keys. Volume level is stored.
* Rename "DVD Quick play" to "DVD-Video" to add more language.(Skip DVD menu, play main movie)
* All language in OSD Language
* Change color scheme for subtitles, now fonts are "normal", like in my other firmware.
* Move DVD Quick play to "Preference Page" in first position. Menu is:
* Move DivX Subtitle to "General Page"
*Add 2 color for subtitles. New menu is after "DivX Subtitle"
---Default (white text)
---Cool (yellow text, some user prefer this).
* Add 2 option for subtitle background. New menu is after "Color"
---Default (transparent background)
---Black Level (black background, good if you have a movie with hard-sub).
* WordWrap + Reformat
* "Load original subtitle,if not found, load all (max. 10)" without menu.
I make version for all usual CP (code page), 1250, 1251, 1252, 1253 and 1254.
CP 1250 (Central European and Eastern European) - Polish, Czech, Slovak, Hungarian, Slovene, Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian (Latin script), Romanian and Albanian.
CP 1251 (languages that use the Cyrillic alphabet)
CP 1252 (West European)
CP 1253 - Greek
CP 1254 - Turkish
Now about upgrade:
First Set OSD Language to English
Prepare file for upgrade: burning Upgrade on CD-R / CD-RW
1. Extract the files by unzipping the rar file. Do not rename the extracted files.
2. Write the extracted files – not the rar file – onto a blank CD-R or CD-RW disc,
using the following settings:
- File System: ISO 9660 + Joliet
- File name length : max11 chars = 8+3 (Level 1)
- Mode : 2/XA
- Character set : ISO 9660 (ISO normal CD-ROM)
- No Multi Session
- Write Speed : Low
- Recording Method: Track At Once
Note: The extracted files should not be placed in a folder on the disc but just in the top level directory (root).
3. Finalize the disc. (The application may do this automatically.)
Apply Upgrade to your DVD Player
1. Power on the set and put in the disc.
2. A message will be displayed on the OSD after the upgrade file is recognized.
3. Follow the instruction displayed on the TV Screen – Press “OK” to upgrade (if applicable)
4. After reading the file, the disc will be ejected.
5. Remove the disc after ejected, but DO NOT close the tray
6. Wait approximately 3-5 minutes for the software to be upgraded
7. The set will restart itself once the upgrade is completed.
8. Upon wake up, please perform a “Default reset” in the Preference page under setup menu
Caution: Do not unplug or power off the set while upgrading in progress.