Work on this firmware was start by tech25 and then by MTZ
They add to this custom mod:
* Autoload subtitles
* GoTo. Press "Title" twice and enter "h:mm:ss" to jump to time for "avi" files.
* 4 Fonts for subtitles (Standard, Small, Medium and Large).
* New position for subtitle.
What I add:
- New skins for logo and filebrowser
- Filebrowser with scrollbars, font with outline, new icons
- max. 64 char. for file name from CD/DVD, 8 for USB.
- 3 MP3 TAG and jpeg preview in a new position.
- Option to change colors for subtitles (text, outline or background). For "Dark Grey" option for background, this is "semi-transparent".
- 16 level for vertical position of subtitles
- "Load Original subtitles, if not found, load all".
- Wordwrap and reformat.
- Volume (+ -) on Repeat keys.Volome level is stored.
- DVD Quick Play. (Skip DVD menu and play main movie).
- All mpeg4 menu are in "General Page". You can make change when movie play.
- New font with outline for OSD, new "look" in Setup.
I make version for all usual CP (code page), 1250, 1251, 1252, 1253 and 1254.
CP 1250 (Central European and Eastern European) - Polish, Czech, Slovak, Hungarian, Slovene, Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian (Latin script), Romanian and Albanian.
CP 1251 (languages that use the Cyrillic alphabet)
CP 1252 (West European)
CP 1253 - Greek
CP 1254 - Turkish
Now about upgrade:
Prepare file for upgrade: burning Upgrade on CD-R / CD-RW
1. Extract the files by unzipping the rar file. Do not rename the extracted files.
2. Write the extracted files – not the rar file – onto a blank CD-R or CD-RW disc,
using the following settings:
- File System: ISO 9660 + Joliet
- File name length : max11 chars = 8+3 (Level 1)
- Mode : 2/XA
- Character set : ISO 9660 (ISO normal CD-ROM)
- No Multi Session
- Write Speed : Low
- Recording Method: Track At Once
Note: The extracted files should not be placed in a folder on the disc but just in the top level directory (root).
3. Finalize the disc. (The application may do this automatically.)
Apply Upgrade to your DVD Player
1. Power on the set and put in the disc.
2. A message will be displayed on the OSD after the upgrade file is recognized.
3. Follow the instruction displayed on the TV Screen – Press “OK” to upgrade (if applicable)
4. After reading the file, the disc will be ejected.
5. Remove the disc after ejected, but DO NOT close the tray
6. Wait approximately 3-5 minutes for the software to be upgraded
7. The set will restart itself once the upgrade is completed.
8. Upon wake up, please perform a “Default reset” in the Preference page under setup menu
Caution: Do not unplug or power off the set while upgrading in progress.
Upgrading the firmware of your DVD Player (USB)
Important: Remove any discs from the tray before USB device is inserted.
1. Extract the firmware upgrade files from the RAR archive
2. Unzip the files and place the files on a USB flash storage device (at least 64Mb in size).
3. Turn the DVD Player on and when it is running, insert the USB flash storage device.
4. Press 'USB' on the remote control
5. A dialogue will now appear - follow the instructions to update the software of your DVD Player.
6. When player open tray, wait 2 or 3 second and remove stick from USB but DO NOT CLOSE TRAY.
Note: Please make sure you delete the upgrade file from the USB device before using it on the player again. This will prevent the player from performing the upgrade again.
Wait until player close tray and display new logo.
Enter "Setup" and from "Preference Page" perform a “Default reset”.
From "General Page" change font, color and position for subtitle.
See more HERE
New version with RISC from 5980S_12 , HERE