My mod firmware have to base second release from Philips (with USB fix), from
V51: Fix DivX file USB playback crash issues seen during end of playback
There are two version of this player 3260 with Sony DVD and
3260I with Samsung DVD unit.
So, what's new:
- New skins for logo and filebrowser
- Max. 64 characters for file name from CD/DVD, max. 25 from USB
- 2 mp3 tag in a new position.
- 4 fonts for subtitles
- option to change color and position for subtitle.
- All new menu for mpeg4 are in "General Page".
- GoTo. Press "Title" twice and enter "h:mm:ss" to jump to time for "avi" files.
- fix "1 sec. srt bug".
- "Load original subtitle, if not found, load all (max.10)".
For DVP3260 I make two version, with and without "Load ORG then all". Use version without "Load ORG" only if you use Vosub subtitles (sub/idx), in this case if you have more than one movie and more than one subtitles (sub/idx), in version with "Load ORG", only first subtitle is loading.
For DVP3260I only version with "Load ORG".
I make for both players version for all usual CP (code page), 1250, 1251, 1252, 1253 and 1254.
CP 1250 (Central European and Eastern European) - Polish, Czech, Slovak, Hungarian, Slovene, Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian (Latin script), Romanian and Albanian.
CP 1251 (languages that use the Cyrillic alphabet)
CP 1252 (West European)
CP 1253 - Greek
CP 1254 - Turkish
Now about upgrade:
First, before upgrade, set OSD Language to english.
Open tray and press "55" to see what player do you have. You will see on screen DVD3260_12.bin or DVP3260I_12.bin. Choose correct version (I or not) and code page for your language.
Prepare file for upgrade:
Burning Upgrade on CD-R / CD-RW
1. Extract the files by unzipping the rar file. Do not rename the extracted files.
2. Write the extracted files – not the rar file – onto a blank CD-R or CD-RW disc,
using the following settings:
- File System: ISO 9660 + Joliet
- File name length : max11 chars = 8+3 (Level 1)
- Mode : 2/XA
- Character set : ISO 9660 (ISO normal CD-ROM)
- No Multi Session
- Write Speed : Low
- Recording Method: Track At Once
Note: The extracted files should not be placed in a folder on the disc but just in the top level directory
3. Finalize the disc. (The application may do this automatically.)
Apply Upgrade to your DVD Player
1. Power on the set and put in the disc.
2. A message will be displayed on the OSD after the upgrade file is recognized.
3. Follow the instruction displayed on the TV Screen – Press “OK” to upgrade (if applicable)
4. After reading the file, the disc will be ejected.
5. Remove the disc after ejected, but DO NOT close the tray
6. Wait approximately 3-5 minutes for the software to be upgraded
7. The set will restart itself once the upgrade is completed.
8. Upon wake up, please perform a “Default reset” in the Preference page under setup menu
Caution: Do not unplug or power off the set while upgrading in progress.
Upgrading the firmware of your DVD Player (USB)
Important: Remove any discs from the tray before USB device is inserted.
1. Extract the firmware upgrade files from the RAR archive
2. Unzip the files and place the files on a USB flash storage device (at least 64Mb in size).
3. Turn the DVD Player on and when it is running, insert the USB flash storage device.
4. Press 'USB' on the remote control
5. A dialogue will now appear - follow the instructions to update the software of your DVD Player.
6. When player open tray, wait 2 or 3 second and remove stick from USB but DO NOT CLOSE TRAY.
Note: Please make sure you delete the upgrade file from the USB device before using it on the player again. This will prevent
the player from performing the upgrade again.
Wait until player close tray and display new logo.
Enter "Setup" and from "Preference Page" perform a “Default reset”.
From "General Page" change font, color and position for subtitle.
For 3260, on some custom DVD's, from time to time subtitles are "dirty".
For 3260I, if you enter setup when watch a "avi" movie, subtitles get some "strange" color.
* 8 lines in filebrowser
* 48 char. from USB....
See more HERE
* new wordwrap + reformat...
See more HERE
See more HERE